If you are anything like me you are longing to hug your friends and family members and you want to be able to go out and not have to be on the alert all the time. But this is how it is and we don't know how long for. I've been focussing on 'letting go' and really letting myself fully experience the lack of control and chronic uncertainty.
Thank you to jonathon-lewczuk for the photo, courtesy Unsplash images‘
I remember when I went white water rafting in New Zealand some years ago and during the training beforehand the guide told us that if we fall out of the raft and there’s no way of getting back in, just lay our paddle across our chest and let the rapids simply carry us, ie let go and let the river do the work. I’ve always liked the phrase ‘don’t push the river’ and certainly at the moment we have no choice but to go with the flow.’ However, this doesn’t mean being passive and not doing anything to help ourselves and others.
We can do our best to be as healthy in mind and body as possible, as well as keep being open to new possibilities in terms of creativity.
How can the Chakra system help? They (the Chakras) give us a way into what is not yet conscious for us. They are also a vehicle through which we can ‘hold’ painful and uncomfortable feelings so that we can move through them and not be controlled by them.
It’s different for everyone but focussing on ‘letting go’ for me involved releasing an ache in my Heart Chakra and anxiety in my Solar Plexus Chakra. I felt the tension in my shoulders and upper back start to dissolve and with that my breathing deepen. Then a letting go happened in my belly – in my Sacral Chakra area and gradually I connected to each Chakra in turn, each of them giving me a way of ‘letting go’. Try it – you might surprise yourself!
Here’s a piece I channelled way back in 2002. (The ‘I’ refers to the source of guidance). It seems totally relevant for today.
TO LET GO
- To let go is to know that the ground beneath your feet continues to be there.
- To let go is to feel the tension in the physical body drain away and yet still to feel very much that you are in a physical body.
- To let go is to know that trust is the cement upon which life and relationships is based.
- To let go is to know that those who are close and dear to you share with you the deepest respect for life and love, and that in knowing this you can feel free to immerse yourself in all that you would wish for in your life.
- To let go is to know when it is the right time to hold on, and when it is the right time to hold still and to be contained.
- To let go is to know that the divine godhead, however you experience this, is always holding you.
- To let go is to see your footprints in the sand knowing that the tide will come in and wash the prints away and you will be elsewhere making different footprints. The impressions that we make remain subtle in a long lasting way, but are often invisible.
- To let go is to allow yourself to be invisible and yet to know that your presence is eternally here.
- To let go is to trust your own mind and body - that it is here to support you, and give you the information that you need to know at any given time.
- To let go is to keep fear in its place knowing that you, as I always say, are unconditionally loved.
- To let go is to stop fighting the thoughts that come into the mind - thoughts that have no attachments but which torment and undermine you.
- To let go is to live in the present moment. And in this present moment I give you my blessings.
© Delcia McNeil - channelled guidance